You don’t..........

You don’t always need to reply the instant she texts you. By taking some time to respond you imply that you are a busy guy with a lot going on.

You’ve only just met her and she doesn’t deserve your undivided attention just yet. By making always making yourself available to respond or constantly texting her you are going to make her think that you don’t have anything else going on in your life.

But don’t take this to the extreme and wait hours to respond to every text. It’s important to mix it up, if you wait too long to respond to each of her texts she may decide that you aren’t interested and move on.

The important thing is to establish that you have a full life, even if at the moment that may not be the case.

Note: Stay engaged if you are in an important conversation. Stay engaged until the subject changes or one o you indicates you need to go.

I was thirteen and i was hanging out with at my best guy friends house with my other friends, and we were getting really bored. There was going to be a dance that night and we were all gonna go together so we were at his house for about 5 hours before. Anyway like I said we were getting bored with watching youtube videos, and my best friend Melinda asked me truth or dare, and i said dare, cuz im not a chicken, and they are more fun.

So she dared me to do something stupid like get her a water bottle or sumthin, and it went on like that until i wanted it to get a little more serious, so i dared her to kiss her boyfriend ( at the time, hes a jerk now ) on the cheek, and she did. My best guy friend, David, had gone downstairs cuz he needed a different shirt for the dance, and it right when i said dare when Melinda asked me,he came back upstairs, And she said, i dare you to kiss David on the lips, and he was just like wow i came up at a bad time didnt i. I was kinda in shock, cuz i had never kissed a guy before, but i knew he had, he had told me all about it many times.


And so i was just kinda standing there and Mel's boyfriend said to my friend Jess who wasnt paying much attension, look they have to kiss. And she looked up and and kinda laughed. so me and David were kinda just staring in shock at each other, and Jess pulled out her cell phone, and was gonna take a picture. And well David had a girlfriend, andhe really liked her, but he also isnt a chicken and always did dares, so i had no idea what was gonna happen, but as soon as Jess pulled out her camera phone, he was like noo, and he leaned forward and grabbed my face in his hands, and put his lips right on mine, and it wasnt just like a peck, but it wasnt a french kiss either, but our mouths were both kinda open and i didnt expect it at all it was so sudden at first i didnt know what had happened, and then the kiss was over, and i was just standing there in shock and he kinda turned around, and Me l said that while he was kinda turned around he had a little smile on his face, but when he turned back he looked normal, and it was only a second so no one noticed. Mel's boyfrien, Mark, was just surprised that he had actually kissed me, and Jess was trying to see if she had gotten the picture,but she didnt. Mark sais Dave, what about Becca ( his girlfriend at the time ) he said thats why i had to, i couldnt have a picture, and i was perfectly ok with that.

I know the kiss didnt mean anything at all to him, but it meant everything to me, and he and Becca later broke up, but not because of me, because i found out later that she didnt care beacuse she knew it didnt mean anything, and shes also not the jealous type.


Alot has happened since then, and i now think that i might be in love with aDavid, and i know its probably just teen love, but it doesnt really matter cuz i know he doesnt like me like that, but he is still my best friend, and the most beautiful person i have ever met. we are completely comfortable with each other, and i know he cares about me, and he knows i care about him, but im pretty sure thats all that we will ever be, and i think im actually ok with that, as long as i can still be his friend forever. Well long story short, i had my first kiss with the guy of my dreams, and it was definatly the best day of my life. - anonymous, 14, California